This is our first blog post. Be kind.
You might wonder why anyone would be crazy enough to start up a business with their partner. Insane hours, little down time, high stress levels! Here’s our lowdown on startup life as a couple and entrepreneurs.
It’s actually not a lot different from starting out in parenthood or any co-founder team setting up. There’s no such thing as a 9-5 day, catching up with friends is a distant memory and you laugh in the face of an 8 hour kip. In fact we’ve been training for this for years.
What might the CV of an entrepreneur couple like ours look like?
- Built trust and respect across an 18 year period (dating). Overcoming competitors. Led and closed deals and maintained great terms across the past 8 years (marriage)
- Delivered two high profile projects (kids) within timeframe and to expected spec. Grew 100% potential year on year.
- Strong negotiation skills covering retail (shopping), travel (holidays) and entertainment (TV) industries but understand each others weaknesses.
- Available to work on the spot day or night.
- Team player willing to travel and grow new markets (backpacking across Asia, Americas and Europe).
Are you one half of an entrepreneur couple or a mum/dad team that are making it work? We’d love to hear your thoughts.
Photo credit to www.skyrush.com.