This month’s guest post is from the UK’s maternity fashion brand of the year – Isabella Oliver. Their very own eStylist, Sara Johnston, is sharing her top tips to style your maternity wardrobe.
Isabella Oliver has just launched on Cahootsy so you can check out their brand new store here. You can even follow them if you want to be first to get updates and special discounts.
Now over to Sara..
Isabella Oliver’s eStylist service in on hand to offer professional help and expert advice – we’ll guide you in making the right style choices throughout your pregnancy, and beyond! Complimentary and easy to use, you can book an online video appointment, send us an email or we can give you a call on the good, old-fashioned telephone.
My Top 5 tips for pregnancy dressing
- The most important thing during pregnancy is to feel comfortable, so choose stretch fabrics that grow with your bump and make day-to-day dressing stress free! The maternity scoop neck top and Emily maternity dress are perfect go-to options.
- Invest in pieces that you know you can wear post pregnancy as well.
A classic piece like the Cranleigh shirt, or the Rowsley leather leggings will see you way beyond those nine months.
- If you have a few events to go to during your pregnancy, invest in a simple shape dress like the ruched T shirt maternity dress that you can re style for every occasion! Have fun with statement jewellery and printed clutches.
- Build up a maternity capsule wardrobe by utilising what you have, and investing in core basics. If you have blazers and jackets already sitting in your wardrobe, invest in some pieces such as the maternity tailored cigarette trousers or Zadie stretch jeans and basic tees to pull the whole look together.
- Have fun with your maternity style, show off your new curves with figure hugging pieces, and play with oversized shapes. Cinching in with the maternity skinny belt in Dalmatian print over the bump is a really great way to change up an outfit!